Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pages 105-213

I really enjoyed the reading this week. I specifically remember when Elizabeth hit Mae Mobely and Aibileen said "You're a smart girl" and waited till Mae said it. Then said, "You're a kind girl" and kept repeating it till Mae understood. Aibileen is the best thing that happened to Mae I can't imagine what would happen to that poor girl w/o her! Aibileen is such a kind loving person. But, how could Elizabeth hit Mae? She's the cutest thing in the world! But then again... how could you ever hit your kid in general?!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree, I was talking to my mom who read this book in her book club, and she kept mentioning that exact thing ("you kind girl, you smart girl")I think Aibileen is so compassionate, and it saddens me to see Mae Mobley abused by her mother that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that Mae is so lucky to have Aibileen, and to see Mae repeat when Aibileen said "you're smart girl, you're kind girl." I also found it interesting when Elizabeth was talking about her visit to see her sister in California that she barely had to see Mae, and that was a good thing for her. It makes me feel really bad for her. It's sad when Aibileen says how she loves the kids she takes care of when they're young, but when they grow up they're going to turn out just like their mothers.

    ReplyDelete