Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blog Post about pgs 1-104

So, like everyone else, I'm loving the book so far. It really bothers me the way the maids were treated then, and the more I think about it, the more I think that it went on a long time after the 60's too. I also have some questions and things I've been wondering about. Like Constantine, what happened to her? I really don't have any predictions or inklings. I know her and Skeeter's mother must have had a fight, and it must have been big, but then how does her father not know about it? And after the fight, what happened to her? Couldn't she have stayed in Jackson? But she didn't, otherwise Skeeter probably would have found her. And why didn't she contact Skeeter? That I really don't understand.
I also don't know about Miss Celia. I really don't understand why she won't tell her husband? Is he against black help? It doesn't feel right to me.
And lastly, I think that Hilly is a lot worse than she seems right now. And probably more influential. And Elizabeth is obviously a terrible mother, but Hilly, she really seems really bad to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment