Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Song mentioned in The Help

Hey guys,
first of all, I thought the ending was perfect, not predictable, not unrealistic, just right.
Anywho, as I was reading the acknowledgements at the end, and Kathryn Stockett thanked people for letting her mention the song "Times they are a-changin" which brought me back when Skeeter listens to that song in her car. I think the reason Stockett chose this song was because at the time in the book where it is mentioned, Skeeter is going through all sorts of tough times in her life, which I really like how they connected it.

So incase anyone wanted to listen to the song I found a live performance by Bob Dylan on youtube



2 comments:

  1. that's so cool!
    i know i always feel better when i listen to music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was really cool too, but I actually think I heard somewhere that that song didn't come out for like 3 years after it was mentioned in the book.

    I just thought that was funny

    ReplyDelete