Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Ending

So a lot of people have been saying they loved the ending, and to be honest I didn't. I'm very particular about endings, and I didn't think this one was great. I liked the way Minny's ended, but I wish we had heard about Skeeter doing great in New York, maybe a little epilogue and like a wedding invitation or something. And I wish Aibileen hadn't been fired, only because I would have liked to see if Abilieen had been able to change Mae Mobley.
I would have liked to see Miss Celia have a healthy baby, and maybe Stuart at Skeeters wedding, or reading the invitation and wishing he hadn't broken up with her, but maybe him reading it now? after realizing its not bad.

Also, I wish I'd've seen Hilly get her comeuppance. Or more of it I guess.

Like I said, I'm very particular, and I didn't think it was terrible, but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment